Here are some key facts about Working Options in Education and the impact our programme makes on the lives of young people.
- Working Options in Education is a careers programme in England and Wales for 16-19 year olds developed by charity Monkey Business Foundation, established in 2012.
- We engage, inspire and motivate sixth form students to realise their full potential and consider employment opportunities in the food, drink and retail industry. We do this by running free motivation and information sessions at state sixth form colleges led by volunteer speakers from industry and through an online careers information hub.
- We’ve partnered with 93 state colleges in England and Wales to deliver our motivation and information sessions.
- We’ve delivered a total of 97 motivation and information sessions.
- We’ve reached over 5000 state sixth form college students.
- We’ve successfully recruited a bank of 350 volunteer speakers from the food, drink and retail industry who deliver our motivation and information sessions and inspire young people. Read what our volunteer speakers say about their experience.
- We are proud that 98% of the sixth form colleges we partner with, re-book a session.Read what college tutors say about our programme.
- We make an impact on students’ positivity and confidence. 88% of students said they felt positive or extremely positive about life after college after participating in one of our motivation and information sessions. (Based on a sample of 1485 sixth form college students surveyed during 2016/17 academic year). Read what students say about our sessions.
- Our careers information hub offers practical ‘how to’ career tips and insights into working in the food, drink and retail industry.
[Data correct as at 31 July 2017]