Here are some key facts about Working Options in Education and the impact our programme makes on the lives of young people.
Working Options in Education helps young people (14-18) to aim high and fulfil their potential. Our employability and life skills programme is delivered free in schools, colleges and online through our well-established links with employers, particularly in the food, drink and retail industry. We offer young people multiple interactions with employers including expert insight from industry, skills workshops, online content, access to industry events, work experience and placements.
- We’ve partnered with more than 200 schools and colleges in the UK to deliver our motivation and information sessions.
- We’ve delivered over 200 motivation and information sessions.
- We’ve reached over 10,000 young people in schools, colleges and online
- We’ve successfully recruited a bank of 300 volunteer speakers from industry (particularly from food, drink and retail) who deliver our motivation and information sessions and inspire young people. Read what our volunteer speakers say about their experience.
- We make an impact on students’ positivity and confidence. 88% of students said they felt positive or extremely positive about life after college after participating in one of our motivation and information sessions. Read what students say about our sessions.
- Our careers information hub offers practical ‘how to’ career tips and insights into working in the food, drink and retail industry.