ABP is one of Europe’s leading privately owned food processors. Today the Group operates across many businesses, spanning Ireland, the UK and Continental Europe and consists of 4 separate divisions; ABP Beef, ABP Proteins, ABP Renewables and ABP Pet Foods. ABP is currently seeking an Engineering Apprentice to join its engineering team in Shrewsbury. If you are interested in completing an Engineering Apprenticeship, then this could be a great opportunity for you to start your career.
The ABP Engineering Apprenticeship role will offer:
- a rewarding and successful career
- the opportunity to gain qualification such as City & Guilds, NVQ, HNC etc.
- the chance to go onto supervisory positions if you show you want progression. This can usually be achieved within 2 to 3 years of completing the apprenticeship program.
What you will need to succeed:
- 4 or higher GCSE’s A-C grade including Maths and English or new grading equivalent for 2017 GCSE passes
- be ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- be PC literate
- have manual dexterity
- possess excellent problem solving skills
- a good team worker and ability to communicate with others
- be working towards or hold a full driving licence
ABP is one of Europe’s leading privately owned food processors. Today the Group operates across many businesses, spanning Ireland, the UK and Continental Europe and consists of 4 separate divisions; ABP Beef, ABP Proteins, ABP Renewables and ABP Pet Foods. At ABP Food Group the focus is on consistently producing top quality products across all 4 divisions. We strive to provide the highest levels of service via a flexible, reliable and competent team throughout our business.
- Carrying out and completing tasks and undertaking projects both for the company and educational institutions when required.
- Attending college/ university on day or block release.
- Demonstrating core engineering skills through the completion of a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance.
- Complying with the company policy ensuring the adherence on all matters concerning Health & Safety.
- Understanding Lean/ Continuous improvement/ Operational excellence.
- Understanding sustainability and the environment.
- Understanding supply chain and production flows.
- Understanding the principles of clean in place systems.
- Understanding food science.
- Understanding the principles of quality assurance (QA).
- Ensuring the site complies with all applicable engineering based legislation.
- Awareness of HACCP System.
- Demonstrating core behaviours – integrity, team work, pride in work, self-development and effective communication