- Policy prepared by: Lauren Monk, May 2018
- Next review date: May 2019
The MonKeyBusiness Foundation Ltd (“MKB Foundation”) is a Registered Charity (England and Wales) No. 1149696.
The MKB Foundation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
How do we collect information from you?
The MKB Foundation obtains information from you in the following ways:
- if you provide us with your details to sign up as a volunteer for the Working Options programme, either in person, via email, telephone or through our contact form on our Working Options website;
- if you provide us with funding or other support;
- if you register for any of our communications via our website or contact us form;
- if you apply for a job with us;
- if you’re employed or contracted by us.
What information does the MKB Foundation collect?
The MKB Foundation collects and processes a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- testimonials about your volunteering experience with us;
- photographs and videos from events;
- payment details for the purposes of taking payment and invoicing for the MKB Foundation fundraising events;
- contact information you submit via our contact form on our websites;
- invoices if you are a third-party contractor providing services to us for the purpose of making payment to you.
How is your information used?
We need to know the basic personal data to deliver our services, provide details about our fundraising events and any other relevant updates related to our progress. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need to run and manage our Working Options programme and fundraising events.
We might use your information to:
- send details of upcoming volunteering opportunities for the Working Options programme;
- send invitations with details about fundraising events MKB Foundation are hosting;
- ask you for a testimonial about your experience of our Working Options programme and working with us on;
- send you details about any future initiatives and opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions;
- complete payment of an invoice for your services to us;
- contact you if you have submitted a contact form via our website.
For how long do we keep data?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as it is required to continue with our charitable programmes, fundraising events and fulfil our obligations or contract with you, or until you inform us you no longer wish to be contacted by MKB Foundation.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with Trustees of the Charity. Some trusted third parties have access to your information in order to carry out work for us, for example the organisation of volunteering opportunities and fundraising events. We ensure any data they have access to is secure and confidential. We will not share your data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
How does the MKB Foundation protect your data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and security controls in place to try to ensure that your data is secure.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical measures in keeping with our processes to ensure the security of data and in keeping with the MKB Foundation Data Security Policy.
You can opt-out of communications from us by either clicking the unsubscribe link in an email we’ve sent you or by sending your request to email@example.com and use the title “Data request”.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request (“subject access request”);
- require the MKB Foundation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the MKB Foundation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where the MKB Foundation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Lauren Monk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that the MKB Foundation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
If you need to contact us about your data please do so by emailing Lauren Monk, email@example.com
This policy was last reviewed May 2018 and will be reviewed regularly.