We have a vacancy for a full time Programme Development and Fundraising Manager (c£35k p.a.) to join our team. Read on for more about the role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting and varied role which will suit a candidate ready to take the next step in furthering their experience and leadership skills within a small collaborative environment which values dynamism, professionalism, integrity and ‘can-do’ attitude. This role will be a mixture of home and field based with independent and team work and you’d be:
- responsible for creating additional new services and programmes which enhance the current in college Motivation & Information session experience.
- leading our efforts to secure and develop funds for the charity from new and existing partners and assist in major fundraising event planning and organisation.
- Develop the blueprint for potential additional services and programmes which enhance our sessions or deliver commercial gain whilst ensuring a consistent and relevant experience.
- Gain internal support and external validation for all suggested developments, and create materials needed to implement.
- Ensure all programme strategies are legally compliant and relevant and fit with the charity goals and values.
- Liaise with the National Development Manager during all stages of the development process and be an active participant in all pilot and roll out processes.
- Focus on delivering annual fundraising targets for Working Options. Agree the annual financial target with the founders each year and develop a fundraising plan to achieve goals.
- The primary focus is to identify and target potential investors (individuals and companies) and develop programmes or sponsorship ideas that meet client objectives and are in line with the Working Options Vision. Be willing to undertake research on, network and build relationships with prospective partners.
- Work alongside the founder and Trustees to build, maintain and develop key high-profile relationships in corporate, personal, government or education sectors.
- Secondary fundraising focus on Foundations and Education sector grant and subsidies.
- Assist in major fundraising event planning and organisation to maximise fundraising profits for Working Options. Use charity network to utilise celebrity endorsement and support of Working Options events, and to help source speakers or entertainment options for events.
- Develop new fundraising event ideas at a corporate or volunteer level.
- Aim to secure Working Options as a nominated Charity of the Year and maintain relationships to ensure ongoing support from these partners.
- Develop and implement required safeguarding policies that Working Options should have in place.
- Highlight and lead any training that employees and Trustees should complete.
- Strategic mindset with open outlook and willingness to work across boundaries.
- Sound commercial and financial understanding and proven business acumen.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to multi task and meet deadlines whilst maintaining quality.
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed, and work effectively in a team which predominantly works remotely.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Understanding of education system preferred and/or experience of the running and governance of charitable organisations.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the role and how to apply, call Lauren Monk, National Development Manager for an informal chat on 07944 443073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org